1. Explain the importance of geography as a field of study.
2. Explain major geographical concepts underlying the geographic perspective.
3. Use landscape analysis to examine the human organization of space.
4. Use spatial thinking to analyze the human organization of space.
5. Use and interpret maps.
6. Apply mathematical formulas and graphs to interpret geographic concepts.
7. Use and interpret geographic models.
8. Use concepts such as space, place, and region to examine geographic issues.
9. Interpret patterns and processes at different scales.
10. Define region as a concept, identify world regions and understand the regionalization process.
11. Analyze changing interconnections among places.
12. Use and interpret geospatial data.
KBATs and Maps